Sunday, September 25, 2011

#29 No Complaints for a Day

I was reading something yesterday that once again made me sit up and take notice -- it asked,  how much do you complain every day?  I felt like I had been exposed and I had to ask myself rhetorically, was the author talkin' to me?  Hummm....I have to admit that I do complain maybe just a wee bit too much sometimes.   Therefore, I decided to take the challenge -- to become aware of my complaining and to stop it -- at least for one whole day (is that even possible?)  Then I decided that I would incorporate that notion of  no complaints into my next blogs.

So starting today, and for the foreseeable future, I will do things a bit differently.  I will put on my Human Resources/Admin Director Hat and write a series about organizations -- a how to, if you will.  How to built a good organization; how to hire good, talented and honest employees; how to set a positive tone and build trust within an organization; how to teach and train employees; how to get employees laughing and working together as a team; and how to reward employees for a job well done.

In the current environment, it may sound impossible -- but I guarantee you -- it is not...it takes work and careful thought and consideration -- egos need to be left at the door -- but it can happen.  I know --  I lived and worked in an organization just like that for over 20 years.

So for the next several weeks, I promise no whining; only insightful thoughts and observations on building and maintaining thriving organizations.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to comment that your last three blogs were thoughtful and timely.- anonomapolus

Anonymous said...

OH! Great reminder. THANKS! Gives ALL of us pause for thought...